To ensure the safety of our members and the community, we have changed a few things around to avoid the risk of spreading COVID-19.
We are running a ‘Surf & Go’ format for our comps. You come down ready to surf when your heat is on, surf, then go!
Each surfing competitor will surf one 20min ‘heat’ – and you’ll be judged on your best 2 waves. There are no finals. The winner of each division will be the person with the highest 2 wave scores across all the heats. The results will be posted on LiveHeats at the end of the day and we’ll send an update via email. The winners of each heat will receive their prize via email. So get ready to catch the best waves of your life (in one 20 minute heat)!!
Please read all the details below and ensure that you comply with the rules outlined.
COVID-19 Safety Plan
We have logged a COVID-19 safety plan with the council and will have hand sanitiser and infection controls in place at the comp site.
On the day, the following rules will apply:
- Only surfers, ONE parent/carer and comp officials can be at the competition site
- Parents/carers contact details will need to be documented; All surfers will be recorded via LiveHeats
- Check your heat times on LiveHeats, come ready to surf and then leave
- Disinfect your rashie at the beach marshall tent before and after your heats
- Shower at home
- Do not enter the judges tent
- Download the COVIDsafe app
- Do not attend if you are sick or have flu-like symptoms or been to any hotspots
- Wash your hands regularly
- Sanitise your hands
- Maintain 1.5m physical distancing
- Avoid touching your eyes, mouth and nose
- Do not share equipment, drink bottles or food
- Exit the facility promptly once finished
To surf, you have to be registered via LiveHeats.